Friday, May 17, 2013

Chevron closet Door Tutorial

My favorite part of the teenage bedroom project I recently completed was the chevron closet door project. Let me show you how I did it.


This is what I started with. There was all kinds of texture that needed to be sanded.


Then I put 2 coats of primer on just to be safe.


Next came the taping. This was my first attempt with frog tape. That stuff is Amazing! Run and get some for yourself, you won't regret it.


I decided to make my stripes 6 inches with one peak on each door. 



I couldn't wait to pull off that frog tape. Guess what? No bleeding. It worked perfectly.



Then the purple stripe. EEEE! Perfect.


I thought the lines looked a little to crisp. So I sanded a little more.




Here it is all done and hung in the room.







1 comment:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Wow, this is so cool!! You did a great job, and I love how original this feels.