Thursday, October 15, 2015

ORC- Week 2 Master Bedroom

Week 2 of the ORC came and went. I have a plan! Yay!  I made a lot of progress this week. I primed and painted all the walls. I've used this same color in 5 different rooms in the past 3 years and it looks different in every single room. Sometimes it looks more gray, sometimes it's beige. This time it's more beige but that could change when the lighting gets switched. Here is the wall color, Anew Gray.




 On the ceiling I'm going to do either planking or beadboard in a light blue similar to Cay.



I've also done a bit of shopping this week. I got the artwork for above my bedside tables behind the lamps. I had originally bought one of these for my family room, but tried it above the nightstands. It looked so good I had to run out to Hobby Lobby to try and find another. I got lucky. They only had one left. 

The pillows I made about 2 years ago. The blue silk with the dots will also be a bedskirt. The large floral will be the main fabric for draperies. I've had this fabric forever, but never made any window treatments because we've been moving so much. So HAPPY to be settled somewhere for a few years!!!!!

The desk will be my new dressing table. I'll need to get a nice girly chair to go with it.

I really wanted a nice wood beaded chandelier, but my ceiling are not very high. I was searching for a semi flush mount and found the wood beaded one above. I love the larger bead that hangs from the bottom.

The headboard is difficult to see in the above picture. Here it is from Joss and Main. I lived without a headboard for over a year in our previous rental. I have a large four poster bed frame, but sadly with low ceilings and a smaller room it doesn't fit in this master. 

I wasn't sure how I was going to like the headboard. It was very inexpensive and had good reviews so I thought I'd try it out.  What was there to lose? I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. I actually really like it. It's kind of a tweed fabric and looks more expensive than it really is. I'm very thankful my pillow is no longer falling off the head of the bed! So annoying!

So what's on the agenda for week 3? Not a whole lot. I'm going to Florida for a couple of days. We bought a townhouse in Ponte Vedra to be able to escape the cold winter months of PA. I'm going to get the place stocked with the necessary supplies so our family can spend time there this Christmas. I'm also going to be seeing my besties while I'm there! I miss them all and am so happy we'll be spending more time there. My husband took a truck load of furniture that didn't fit in current PA home  (including my big four poster bed) to our FL townhouse a couple of weeks ago. So now it's time to get all the bits and bobs and make it livable.  With all of that going on next week, I'm still hoping to get a little work done on my ORC. I've made a tentative weekly schedule for the remaining weeks.

Week 3:
  •  Paint doors and trim
  •  Schedule electrician to move lighting and install fixture and replace some outlets.


Week 4:
  • Sewing, Sewing, Sewing!
  • Assemble Furniture
Week 5:
  • Ceiling (this will be the most challenging part of this room makeover
  • Shopping
Week 6:
  • Finish any undone projects
  • Styling
  • Photographing
  • REVEAL!


Voila! I actually think this is doable, but the ceiling frightens me. EEK! 

Can't wait to see how everyone else is progressing. Go check out the rest of the participants at Linda's blog, Calling It Home.






No comments: