Thursday, November 19, 2015

Gallery Walls

One of the trends I am loving this year is the gallery wall. I love the visual interest and dimension a gallery wall can bring to a room. Here are a few gallery walls I have done this year. Some of these are in my own home, and some have been for others.

 This was in our previous home we rented. In a rental 3M Command strips are your friend!



 My son's bedroom


 My entry. I think this is one of my favorite gallery walls. I like that the items on the shoe cabinet become incorporated into the wall.


 Teenage son's room. I still need to fill the photo frame.


 Wall I did for my parents. They had a large empty wall in their kitchen that needed some love.


 Entry for a friend. 

I normally arrange the walls I do in a square or a rectangle. So I thought I would try a little more freeform for my recent One Room Challenge. It worked great because of the roof line in my master bedroom. I think I'll do a little more freeform in the next gallery wall I do. 


If you haven't tried a gallery wall, here are a few tips:

  • Choose a common theme, color scheme or design aesthetic for your wall.
  • Arrange the items on a flat surface.
  • Add some dimension with a shelf or an item with some depth.
  • Choose pieces with different shapes to add visual interest
  • Most of all have fun with it. There are no hard fast rules.
I'd love to see if any of you try your own gallery wall.

No comments: