Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Paris Part Deux (Part II)

I am finding it very hard to be consistent with my blogging. I have the best of intentions, but most of the time I just peruse everyone elses blog. I stay up late at night peering into other peoples lives when I should be sleeping. It is so addictive. I am going to try to concentrate on keeping up with my own blog first before looking at everyone else first.

Even though my trip to Paris was several months ago, it is still fresh in my mind. It was by far the best trip I have ever taken. I think it was mostly because Paris was the place I wanted to visit the most. My husband travels there all the time on business, in fact he is going on Sunday, but I have not had the opportunity to go with him. It would be nice to go with him someday...

What else did we do in Paris? Well we spent the better part of a here.

Chateau Versaille


The home of Louis XIV was all grandeur and splendor. The French are very into likenesses and the halls were lines with statues of famous french men.



On the ground of the Chateau were beautiful gardens, more statues and some other residences including the domicile of Marie Antoinette.

The remaining days were spent revisiting the Louvre. We didn't see everything the first time. Walking around Ille Saint-Louis. Walking through the Musee D'Orsay, and visiting the artsy district of Monmatre. Monmatre is a little gem, and we found the most delicious gelato.

Someday I will return. But for now, I will always have Paris!

No comments: