Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Table Centerpiece


My new front entry has a space that lends itself to a round table in the center. I was at a little loss as to what to put on the table. Ideally, I would like to have fresh flowers on it all the time, but that's just not practical. I didn't want it to be a dumping ground for everything when we come in the front door, but it usually does get the mail stacked on it. I need to find a solution for that problem. I know some people are adverse to FAUX flowers, but I believe there are bad faux flowers and there are good faux flowers. There are many realistic silk flowers out there. There's more to life than plastic ivy above the cabinets. I think we were all guilty of that one, me included. I think the key to a good faux arrangement is mixing it up a bit with some dried, silk and naturals. All together these make for an arrangement that has great texture and movement and is a far cry from plastic ivy. Here is my version of good faux. I hope you all agree.

I'm linking to Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday . Stop by and see what everyone has transformed.

No comments: