Monday, June 13, 2011

Getting Ready for Guests

I started to get the guestroom ready last week in case we had some last minute guests. We are still living amongst the boxes here, so I wanted one room that was semi ready. It's a good thing I was proactive because Saturday my brother-in-law and sister-in-law stopped in on their way home from Orlando to spent the day and night with us. We had a great time, and I wasn't stressed about the boxes because I knew they had a nice place to stay.








This is still a work in progress, but I think it's a good start. I plan to make an upholstered headboard for this bed in the near future.



I attached some realy pretty trim to these ready made panels.





I know I sew custom window treatments, but this is a rental and I don't want to spend alot of time and money on things that may not fit the windows if we have to move in another year. I will do some custom windows in this house, but where it has the most impact. I may make a cornice, but I want to do the headboard first.






My son's Hemnes dresser from Ikea is now in this room. The 2 youngest boys are sharing a room so that we have a guest room. Both of their dressers will not fit, so I'm getting them one bigger dresser. There will be more on that when I show their room. I'm going to slipcover this chair with a pretty paisley from this post and also try my hand at copying the nightstand in that post too.


I don't have any before shots because it was an empty room with builder cream walls. Use your imagination for that;)

I'm linking up at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

No comments: