This time around I'm going to do the room that always seems to get left for last. It's the MASTER BEDROOM. Here is how the room looked in the listing.
I already removed the wallpaper and washed the glue off the walls. The wallpaper was so old the pink stripes turned to peach over the years. I'm sure it was very stylish in its day, but YUCK!
So what's the plan for the next six weeks?
- Paint the walls, trim and doors
- Order a headboard, rug and desk for dressing area (See that tiny master bath? It's too small to do my hair and makeup. It will get an update starting in the next month or so.)
- Remove lovely chandelier and replace with something updated.
- Sewing, Sewing, Sewing. Window treatments, bedskirt and a couple of pillows to go with ones from my previous room.
- Cool treatment on the ceiling. You can't tell, but there's some kind of wallpaper product on there and there are creases and lots of bumps. I'm thinking painted beadboard.
- Then there's the styling and photographing for the big reveal.