Monday, August 3, 2009

Little Boy Room

Well I have been busy for the last few days working on getting my youngest sons room complete. I will not call him the baby of the family, EVER. I am also the youngest, and my mother to this day calls me the baby. It's something I do not like, so I will never call him THE BABY. I digress.
Anyway, we have lived in this house for 2 years and I am finally getting around to decorating the kids' rooms. My plan was to spend the summer getting it all done. The best laid plans never pan out.
Here is a view of his room in our old house. It wasn't much, but he was in transition to the toddler bed so it looked a little empty. I am using alot of the same accessories for his new room. I still love the circus toile so I made new awning window valances that need to still be hung. His new room has 2 smaller windows now. I am repurposing the old valance in his bathroom. We bought him a twin mattress and frame and I am going to attempt an upholstered headboard.

I went to IKEA and picked up this Hemnes dresser.Photo courtesy IKEA
I can't decide whether to leave it white or paint it dark blue like this one from Pottery Barn Kids.

Photo courtesy Pottery Barn Kids

Any suggestions on what I should do? I don't really like white furniture in a boy's room. Maybe I should put it together and live with it for a while. If I do decide to paint it, does anyone have any tips for painting IKEA furniture. I want to spray it, but I read somewhere it won't stick. What to do, what to do?

I should be finished with most of the room by the end of the week, (still need to sew a dust ruffle and a sham) and will post pics when it's finished.

No comments: