Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Stones of the Kidney Variety


I was abruptly woken up from sweet slumber yesterday morning by screams of pain from my oldest son. After I realized it was 3am and this was not normal, mommy panic mode set in. He had severe pain in his right side, so off to the ER we went. Luckily my FIL lives with us, so he stayed home with younger two and I was free to focus on the matter at hand.

We got to the hospital and the nurse said it was possibly his appendix. The doc said not appendix so he was sent to X-ray. He was such a trooper, even after the IV was put in.




This pic was taken before the pain meds.




This one was taken after pain meds.

Fluids, a CT scan and 5 hours later, they told us he had a kidney stone and the pain was him passing it through the ureter to the bladder. He was sent home with meds to rest. They don't think he has any more stones, but we will be following it up with a visit to the urologist soon.
Needless to say I slept the rest of the day away and didn't get any work done. So today it is work, work, work.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: